Welcome to the New England TACE Center (Region 1) Website.
This TACE Center (technical assistance & continuing education) is available to provide technical assistance and continuing education services to state vocational rehabilitation agencies and their partners.
The TACE Center staff members (including professionals from the Institute for Community Inclusion and Assumption College) have extensive experience and expertise to share through technical assistance and continuing education and will work to address the identified needs on practices and policies around employment in the New England area.
We invite you to explore this website to learn what is happening in this region. The site will include information on practices, a training calendar of events in the region useful tools and resources, helpful links to other sites, publications, and more.
We look forward to working with you!
This new series highlights dynamic topics in the field of Vocational Rehabilitation. The first publication examines the prevalence of business employment representatives (BERs) in VR agencies. BERs foster relationships between businesses and VR agencies, and provide a glimpse of the diverse staffing needs of the nation's VR programs
This series is a product of Explore VR, a web application providing easy and convenient access to a range of VR and related data. For more information on other exciting products and developments, visit: ExploreVr.org
Three-Credit Courses for Spring 2013
- VISN 604: Visual Functioning (Required for TVI and O&M Masters Degree)
- VISN 640: Psychosocial Aspects of Visual Impairment
- VISN 642: Technology for Children with Visual Impairment and Multiple Disabilities
- VISN 644: Auditory Access to Digital Information for Teachers of Students with Visual Impairment
- VISN 646: An Introduction to Audiology and the Human Auditory System
- Online Dates: February 4, 2013 – May 10, 2013
- Meetings: Two required web meetings online
- Cost: $810 due by Friday, January 18, 2013
On-Demand Independent Study
- Sustaining Braille Proficiency: Literary or Nemeth
- Online: On-demand start-up for three-month period
- Credits: 20 Professional Development Points or 2 Continuing Education Units
- Cost: $95
For more information, please visit the NERCVE website.