Supporting Meaningful Employment Course: A Person Centered Approach to Career Planning, Job Development and Job Retention
All Fridays, for a total of 12 sessions.
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Sept. 14; Oct. 12; Nov. 16 & Dec. 14
9:00 a.m. to Noon: Sept. 21, 28; Oct. 19; Nov. 2, 9, 30; Dec. 7 & January 18, 2013
This 48 hour interactive certification training series covers best practices in person-centered employment services:
• Community-based Employment Strategies
• Career Planning, Assessment & Job Matching
• Job Development – Opening Lines, Presentations, Overcoming Objections, Networking
• Job Coaching – Training Strategies & Fading
• Organized Approach
• Vocational Assessment Report Writing
• Utilizing Community & Web-Based Resources
• RI Labor Market Information
• Customized Employment – Job Creation/Restructuring – Self-Employment
• SSA Work Incentives, ADA, & Tax Incentives
Participants will learn:
· To develop and improve critical skills and competencies for effective, person-centered, community-based employment services.
· To improve employment outcomes by incorporating working knowledge of local labor market information.
· To effectively outreach and support employers.
· Useful local, national, and web-based tools and resources.
· Strategies for implementing job accommodations and natural supports... and much, much more.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement in employment services from ACRE (the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators), based on satisfactory attendance and completion of fieldwork assignments.
Register online at this link or mail / fax the PDF form below